Are you aging faster than your friends? It could be that you have some bad habits, that are actually making you age faster than you should. Thanks to Health.com for this list of aging habits:
Here are 13 habits you need to change
- You Multi-Task – if you constantly have a to do list that seems to never get finished, than there is a good chance your stress levels are higher than they should be. Try to do just one task at a time until it is completed. The completion of a task actually will help you reduce stress, way more than having 10 tasks that are 80% completed.
- You Always Eat Dessert – All the sugars in the sweets you eat can cause years to be added to your face, from dark circles under your eyes to wrinkles.
- You Sleep 5 hours or Less at Night – 7 hours of sleep a night is optimal, and a lack of sleep has been linked to a shorter lifespan.
- You Binge Watch TV Shows – Just like sleep, it seems that the amount of TV you watch is also linked to a shorter lifespan. Those who watch 6 hours of TV a day, live 5 years less than those who do not.
- You are Sitting Most of the Day – People who are sitting most of the day have an increased risk for kidney disease, cardiovascular disease, and cancer, not to mention obesity.
- You Do Not Use Eye Cream – the skin around your eyes is thinner than skin on the rest of your face. If you keep your face moisturized you can take some aging of your face.
- You Only Use Sunscreen on Vacation – Ultraviolet exposure is the biggest cause of aging to your skin. You may want to consider using sunscreen whenever you go outdoors, especially for an extended period of time. Say a walk in the park.
- You Wear Way to Much Makeup – Overusing skin products with fragrances, irritating chemicals, and alcohol agents may dry out the skin by removing its natural oils, which causes premature lines and wrinkles.
- You Sleep With Your Face in the Pillow – This can help create wrinkles and accelerate aging. As you age, the creases that are created from your pillow could become permanent wrinkles, as your skin has more trouble smoothing out over time.
- You Keep Your Home Warm – heating your home can remove moisture from the air, which can lead to dry and inflamed skin. If you need to keep it warm, you may want to invest in a humidifier to make sure moisture is added back into the air.
- You Drink Through a Straw – constantly sipping through a straw can have a similar effect around the mouth, that constant squinting can have around the eyes.
- You Have Eliminated Fats from Your Diet – Fat is actually necessary to maintain a youthful appearance. Certain nuts like walnuts, and omega 3 fatty acids found in oily fish are great for your skin, and have also been found to promote heart and brain health.
- You Slouch – if your sitting in front of computer for most of the day it may be time to invest in a standup desk. Hunching over can lead to deviations in your spine, which will cause pain, fatigue, and permanent damage over time.
It won’t be easy to eliminate all these habits, but if you can tackle a couple at a time, it could still help you feel younger, look younger and live longer.